Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25, 2010

So, it's been nearly a year since I split the cases. I hadn't gone any further than actually pressing the crank out of the case because the cost of it was just too high. I recently started a "Shovelhead fund", which I drop a bit of money into each payday to save up for parts. But even then, it'll take two to three years to get to the end of the project.

BUT! Just wait! A great bit of good fortune from an incredibly generous member over at www.shovelhead.us/forum is sending me a complete crank assembly with about 10k miles on it for not much more than the cost of shipping. I can't tell you how that made my day!

I think it's time to break out the case halves and start cleaning them up in preparation for putting the internals back in...

Here it is at his house, waiting to be boxed up:





Slowly, yet steadily, it gets closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment