Thursday, April 21, 2011

Getting closer...

The oil tank kit came in yesterday, along with a set of ugly, but serviceable pipes to get the engine started. They look like OEM-spec pipes, but it appears that the baffles were removed. Not a big deal; I don't plan on riding the bike with them anyway. If I do ride it with them, I'll buy and install some perforated baffles.

I also placed an order for most of the little tidbits that were missing from the engine; stuff for the oil pump and cam chest that needed to be replaced.

Just got off the phone with my machinist down in Florida, Jesse, of www.dragstews.com ; he just finished up the machining on my rocker boxes and cleaned up the contact surfaces on the rocker pads last night. He's waiting on an order of seals and will be sending them back to me next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment