Thursday, April 21, 2011

Work done to rocker arms

I just got this pic from the machinist who is cleaning up my rockers and boxes; it's a tool he rarely uses any more because most riders now replace the old rockers with new pieces that have roller bearings for the contact surfaces. See that semi-flat surface on one of the arms? It was rusted, so he cleaned it up. Later on (years from now) when I punch this engine to 93", I'll replace them with the roller bearing style rockers, along with other engine upgrades.



Here it is in action:

2 comments:

  1. Brad? Brad? Brad? Where are you? Trust everything alright in your world... how's the Harley coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant--

    Sorry, I haven't been able to work on it, so I haven't even checked up on the blog. My schedule is tight, with family, work, and school. The engine has been at my buddy's house, and I just can't get the time to go over there, so I brought it back home this weekend. You should start seeing more progress soon.

    ReplyDelete