Thursday, February 16, 2012

Crank case is assembled again

I checked the end play and run out on the pinion shaft and found both to be in spec; .003" and <.001", respectively. After checking that, I pulled the halves apart again, spread sealant on the right half, and bolted them back together. Then I put the pistons on the rods, but left of the wrist pin clips and only put two rings on the pistons; I'm going to find and mark TDC on the case before buttoning it up for good. Checking end play and run out:

Case half with sealant applied:

Pistons mounted:

Cylinders loosely mounted with a single nut to secure each (on the opposite side):

No comments:

Post a Comment