Monday, November 4, 2013

Intake manifold blues

At some point in the past few years I bought what I thought was an OEM-style intake. It might well be, but it doesn't fit. If anything, that gap should be smaller than original because the surfaces on the cylinders and heads, where they meet, had been milled slightly to ensure they were flat. So I called S&S and handed over information needed to cast and cut an intake that will fit. I received it the other day...and while it fits, my carb won't fit on it. I called S&S back and explained what I had. The tech I spoke to found the problem--the catalog part number was incorrect. He's having a new intake made and will ship it directly to me when it's done instead of out to the dealer and then to me. Once it gets here I'll be able to fab a support bracket and mount my carb.

No comments:

Post a Comment